Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Traffic and Signs Toronto

I loved spotting these unusual traffic signs in Toronto, and wanted to share them.



I don't know how they do it, but by the looks of some of the traffic we were a part of on Toronto's highways, I hope it works!






How polite!



And while we're at it, here's a sign of the price of gasoline in Canada. No, it wasn't $100, but it was over $1 per LITER.



And here's my chance to talk about the unusual way of getting a traffic ticket in Toronto. The officer was standing (yes...STANDING!) with the radar gun and stepped out in front of us to wave Steve over to a parking lot. He couldn't have been nicer...really! We were impressed, and it was almost worth it just to experience the politeness of the officer and the uniqueness of the encounter. Not to mention that it was only $40 Canadian (less in US currency.) I've never met such a nice traffic officer in my life. When we saw it, this storefront was just a comical reminder to us of the incident.

No comments: