Thursday, May 07, 2009

Four Leaf Clovers


I'm good at it. Sometimes it seems as though I've planted 4 leaf clover seed. I find them all the time. But I have found them just walking along a public path - not looking for them. They sometimes seem to be standing up and waving for me to notice them. I don't understand it, but I like it. When I was a little girl my brother and our friends were finding 4 leafed clovers. I was mad. I couldn't spot one. Stubborn me, I sat in a patch of clover in our backyard and looked and looked. I didn't go inside the house until I had found my very first four leafed clver. I don't know if that experience trained my eye to find them or not, but now they are my good luck charms. Not superstitiously, more divinely. I ask for guidance and look for my response...finding a four leafed clover = YES. "Lord, am I doing the right thing?" "Am I going to be okay?" Almost always I can get my 'yes' in the form of a four leafed clover. If I go a few days without finding one in the spring/summer I fear that I've lost my touch (or my eye.) Sometimes I go into my backyard - certain areas are richer than others - and find two or three or more in less than five minutes. Yeah. I like finding four leafed clovers. Now you know this 'secret' about me. Here's the one I found today. The large one is today's...the smaller one is old. Today's 'Yes' was important - and it made me a smidge late to work. (Terrible photo - it's behind plastic in my wallet. For better photo of my backyard patch of lucky, see June 13, 2008 post.) The "Yes" felt good...but then, most yeses do, don't they.

No comments: