Friday, June 04, 2010

Graffiti, Miniature Book Exhibit and Logo


For my friend Nicoll, I grabbed my camera while stuck in traffic Wednesday afternoon for a train. I hoped to see some graffiti because she posts some really nice work from her part of the world. "Kid BUG" is the best I could do.

Here are photos of my logo design up on display inside the publishing company where I work. The words on the back panel were my boss's, the owner of the company. He allowed the art director and me to help him tweak them...we came up with 'innovative and creative', and the three of us chose the fonts together. The color scheme and original idea were all his. My logo was added while I was on vacation, so it was a nice surprise to me when I returned. There's a lot of reflection going on with the shiny black substrate. He plans to add lighting as the next step.




Last, but not least are a couple of shots of the Miniature Book Society traveling exhibit, which I arranged to have delivered to the University of Louisville Ekstrom Library's Rare Books department to be on exhibit for the month of June. In the second shot, the five books at the apex of the triangular side were actually bound by craftsmen at the bindery we purchased last year. That bindery is now the basis of Centennial Graphics Group, for which I designed the logo over a year ago...way before I knew I'd be working there one day.





And here is an antique book press - circa 1850 - that is on display at Ekstrom. Looks to be cast iron, and extremely heavy.

No comments: